The Missouri Association of Secondary School Principals (MoASSP) speaks for middle level and high school principals, assistant principals, supervisors, and other administrators throughout Missouri. We understand the obstacles that administrators like you face every hour of every day. We’re working harder and faster than ever before to give you practical, peer-tested solutions to these daily challenges.
In an education climate of greater demands and fewer resources, Missouri’s secondary school administrators must be heard. MoASSP provides you with the inspiration and support to guide improvements in your school and a strong voice to reach your state and national administrators, legislators, and media. With the help of an experienced team of lobbyists, MoASSP communicates directly with legislators in Jefferson City to enhance education policy and ensure the success of Missouri schools.
Whether you’re a new or veteran administrator, you can make a difference for your school, for your state, for our nation. If you want to change legislators’ minds about what’s really happening and what’s really needed in education, join the MoASSP/NASSP team today. There’s power in numbers—and we’re growing every day. From the classroom to the statehouse to Capitol Hill, we are changing minds where it really counts.
Reasons to Join MoASSP:
- MoASSP is the voice of secondary principals at educational meetings and maintains a close working relationship with the State Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and the Missouri Legislature.
- MoASSP is the leader in Missouri in sponsoring meaningful professional development for middle level and high school administrators. MoASSP is committed to excellence in education through services to meet the needs of administrators, teachers and students in Missouri.
- It’s the professional thing to do.
MoASSP Membership offers you:
- Professional Development: MoASSP provides tools to access your professional development needs and the materials, webinars, and other resources to strengthen your leadership skills. MoASSP members receive $100 off their subscription to Education Leaders Network (ELN).
- Peer Networking. Through state conferences and leadership workshops you’ll gain practical solutions to your day-to-day challenges by participating in sessions and networking with your peers. MoASSP districts offer opportunities for association networking with your colleagues at district meetings and roundtables.
- Publications. The Messenger and MoASSP updates provide timely information to school administrators on issues in Missouri and at the national level.
- Representation at Legislative and Regulatory Meetings. MoASSP supports legislation to strengthen the role of the secondary principal and improve education in Missouri. MoASSP is the voice of secondary principals at educational meetings and maintains a close working relationship with the State Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
- Representation at National Level. MoASSP is affiliated with NASSP and sends delegates and representatives to NASSP meetings. MoASSP has a seat on the NASSP Board of Directors through June of 2019 and is represented at Region VI meetings by the executive director, coordinator and president.
- Legal Assistance. MoASSP offers legal counseling for contract difficulties and job management and offers legal assistance and information with regard to state laws and educational issues.