- Coordination With Other Organizations: MoASSP maintains contact with other education organizations in the state. MoASSP works closely with the Missouri Association of Elementary School Principals, the Missouri Association of School Administrators, the Missouri State High School Activities Association and the Missouri School Boards Association. MoASSP is a part of the Missouri Education Round Table, which includes MAESP, MASA, MO PTA, MFTSRP, MNEA, MSBA, and MSTA. Contacts are also maintained with colleges and universities.
- DESE Liaison: MoASSP is in regular dialogue with the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. A liaison committee meets quarterly with the Commissioner of Education and DESE staff.
- Governmental Liaison: The Association maintains contact with members of the Missouri General Assembly and the United States congress on legislative matters. The Board of Directors recommends legislative positions for the Association with input from members and district associations.
- National Representation: MoASSP is a state affiliate of the National Association of Secondary School Principals. The state coordinator is the official liaison with NASSP. MoASSP reserves a block of rooms for Missouri members attending the NASSP convention. Missouri is represented on NASSP task forces. NASSP is the largest organization of educational administrators in the world with approximately 40,000 members. Membership in both MoASSP and NASSP provides on-line administrators with the resources and impact of an excellent national association and the closer-to-home influence in Missouri. NASSP memberships are processed through the MoASSP office.
- Networking: District and statewide meetings provide opportunities to meet colleagues and develop professional networks that support and enhance your knowledge of secondary education.
- Professional Conferences and Workshops: The Association sponsors two annual conferences on a statewide basis: a fall and spring conference. These conferences are designed for the professional growth of principals and assistant principals and address timely topics and issues. MoASSP sponsors a workshop for new principals prior to the start of each school year and sponsors a conference for assistant principals. Other conferences of a topical nature are developed as needed.
- Professional Support: MoASSP provides assistance for members in the areas of research; job vacancy listings and placement; and legal services.
- Publications: MoASSP publishes The Messenger in printed form or as an e-news letter. Special bulletins to membership are issued on an “as needed” basis.
- Student Services: MoASSP sponsors the Missouri Scholars 100 program, which recognizes 100 of the top high school graduates in the state. MoASSP works closely with the Missouri Association of Student Councils and the Missouri NHS Associations.
Reasons to Join MoASSP:
- MoASSP is the voice of secondary school principals in Missouri. This includes all forums where educational decisions are made and especially with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Missouri Legislature.
- MoASSP is the leader in Missouri in sponsoring meaningful professional development for middle level and high school administrators. MoASSP is committed to excellence in education through services to meet the needs of administrators, teachers and students in Missouri.
- It’s the professional thing to do.
If you wish to pay by check or purchase order, download a PDF MoASSP Membership Form.
If you wish to pay with a credit card, join through the MoASSP Online Store.
If you would like to request a personalized membership form contact MoASSP and one will be emailed or faxed to you.